Sometimes it makes more sense to rent than to buy, and we will gladly help you find a rental property that suits your needs. The most critical aspect to ensure a smooth rental search is to submit a clean, accurate and complete Lease Application. Landlords vary somewhat in their leasing criteria, but they are all looking for the same fundamentals: proven and stable income source, verifiable employment and past living arrangements, clean credit history, and no criminal past. A monthly income of 3 times the rent and/or a credit score above 600 are often used as the minimum baseline. Most landlords do not accept smoking or pets in the premises, and if they do, they may require extra security deposits or other measures.
- Contact us at least 2 weeks before you need to be at your new rental home, but not earlier than 2 months before. Landlords will typically not lease their properties more than one month in advance and will typically expect a quick move-in date on the Lease Application.
- We will email you a complete Lease Application package, including instructions and a list of supporting documents required.
- Please complete the Application package and send back to us as soon as possible, for us to look over.
- At that point, based on your home search criteria, we will start sending you available properties for you to consider.
- We will then show you the properties of interest to you, and we will present the Lease Application to the Landlord on your behalf.
- We will guide you through the Lease negotiation and the signing of the ensuing Lease Agreement.
- We will assist you in the final move-in stage and will continue to be in touch during your first month at the property.